Friday, April 2, 2010

Crochet wrist warmers and scarf

Dancer got a new coat for spring and so I crocheted her a few accessories to go with it. A pair of wrist warmers, the instructions can be found at CreativeYarn Because Dancer has very narrow hands I did have to alter the pattern a bit by taking out one of the chain stitches between each of the clusters in the hand. These were simple and each one took less than an hour.
The scarf pattern I just made up. I chain stitched the yarn I used for the wrist warmers and a fun fuzzy matching yarn together for the length that she wanted the scarf to be and then did two rows of treble crochet. It is very narrow but she is making a fashion statement here not keeping warm. The fuzzy yarn we got for a dollar a skein at a closeout bin at the craft store. It was so thin, like a thread, and fuzzy that I wasn't able to work with it by itself. Amazingly it matched perfectly with green yarn we had previously bought. How often does that happen?

No comments: