All American Family tagged me with some questions that they wanted to ask and then I must ask some more questions, passing those on to other bloggers.
1. Why did you start homeschooling?
When Dancer was a baby I was driving down the road and heard God speak. He said that we were to homeschool. I went home and told Dad that God told me were going to homeschool so we better find out what it was. Dad said okay, knowing that when you do not follow God's will you are miserable until you do. Better to just listen to him right away so he doesn't have to keep throwing road blocks at you. This was over 13 years ago. Homeschooling wasn't as popular then as it is now, there wasn't even much on the Internet. We knew of no one who homeschooled until just before Dancer was to be officially kindergarten age and we really didn't find anyone until Dancer was about 2nd grade.
2. How long have you been homeschooling?
This is our ninth year.
3. Do you have pets? What kinds?
Have we got pets!
1 dog - Nikki
2 cats - Kacheekers and Vidalia
1 fish - We tried to think of a name for him but now he gets called "The Fish"
6 goats - Eeyore, Desdemona, Millie, Calliope, Klaus and Charlie
Lots of rabbits - The ones who are named are Breena, Oreo, Scott, Dawn, Ear and Half, Runtidunt, Extreme Fur Ball and Radar
Lots of chickens - The ones who are named are Wooten, Carmel, Owley, Paige and Bellina
4. What is your picture perfect day like?
Our best days are probably days we go on field trips. We have such a good time together and we usually eat out on those days.
5. What is your favorite season?
Half of us love summer and half of us love the cold weather so someone is happy all year around.
6. What is your favorite dinner or meal to make for your family?
Everyone is yelling out different answers. We have a ton of cooking posts so you know we like to cook and eat. Here are couple of our favorites. Pizza - Dad makes the best! Pizza post here. Dancer yelled Lasagna, she could eat this every night. Our lasagna recipe Dad said grilled steaks and I like soup. I could eat soup every night.
7. What is your favorite activity to do with your family?
We love to play Mario Kart, fishing, yard work, bon fires, go to the fair or shopping.
8. What is your favorite indulgence?
A Dairy Queen Blizzard. Our favorites are French Silk Pie and Georgia Mud Fudge.
Now eight questions for someone else.
1. What is the community you live in known for?
2. What was your favorite t.v. show when you were a kid?
3. Do you have any pets?
4. How often do you vacuum?
5. What would you want to do if you weren't living the life you are now?
6. Would you rather go to a crowded supermarket on a Friday afternoon or be canning on a hot day?
7. What is the best thing about your spouse?
8. If you could go to lunch with anyone in the world who would it be?
We will pass this on to:
Home Spun Juggling
Moo Said the Mama