Saturday, May 29, 2010

These will work

We were blessed with the most gorgeous weather tonight so we had a spur of the moment bonfire.  Bonfire always make us think we need to eat so the kids were going to roast some marshmallows.  Problem was we only had mini marshmallows.  Didn't stop them, they stuck them on the roasting sticks and teeny tiny roasted marshmallows.  Looking at them now we could have used chocolate chips and mini crackers to make s'mores.  I don't have any little crackers on hand though. 

Spark roasting a few over the fire.  He usually ends up with a marshmallow torch because they start on fire.  He doesn't mind, he says they have sweet meltyness then. 


We also did a few hot dogs.  By 10:00 we were back in the house because the mosquitoes were so bad.  That and Dad said he saw a couple bats fly over the clothes line.  I was a  bit freaked out by that and he tells me we always have bats in the back yard.  To make me feel better he says if you look across the road at dusk there are way more over there compared to our yard.  How could I not know this?  Now I wish I didn't, I have a huge bat phobia.

No comments: