Saturday, August 21, 2010

Peanut butter tomato toast


Peanut butter tomato toast is one of our favorite ways to eat tomatoes.  The moistness of the tomato blends perfectly with the melty peanut butter.  Mmmmm, summer at it's finest. 

This was a regular breakfast at my house growing up and I thought the whole world ate tomatoes and toast this way.  I was surprised to find out they didn't.  After all, I grew up in a neighborhood where one of the old guys ate radish sandwiches and drank thick buttermilk by the glassful (ewww), so we were the normal eaters in the neighborhood.  Now when I mention it though people give me the sideways look......that is until they try it.

1 comment:

The Sweetest Things said...

that has got to be the weirdest thing I have ever heard of. Never heard of it till now. It sounds so EWWW that I bet it has to be yummy (things that sound bad usually turn out great) It looks good too. I am definetly going to try it.

Love the blog and all the pics. Have a blessed day.♥