Monday, January 6, 2014

Governor Closes Schools

“Don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today!”   That was the greeting Bill Murray woke up to every morning on his alarm clock radio in the movie "Groundhog Day."  I always think of that line when it is cold out.  Today, we may need two pair of booties because it is -27 with wind chills in the -50s.  It is so cold that our governor cancelled school for the whole state.  I feel a little nostalgic about him doing that because the last time it happened I was snug up in the hospital having Dancer.

I don't know how cold it was then but, I didn't really pay a whole lot of attention.  We were over the moon happy to finally have a baby!  Also, I was on strict bed rest for the six weeks before and I was happy to be sitting up.  By the time we left the hospital, it was still cold but, the frigid temps were over.


Just before we bundled her up to leave the hospital and take her home.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh my goodness, Dancer looks JUST like you did :)

Amy Dingmann said...

Yay! A baby Dancer! :)