Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Potato Chip Cookies


Yep, you read that right, potato chip cookies.  Who would ever think of that I don't know, but Dad thought they sounded good so he baked up a batch.  They are actually called "My Secret" cookies.  The cookbook credited Bernice Fonos of Minneapolis with the recipe and she said, "I have made these cookies many times and always ask my friends to guess the "Secret Ingredient."  No one has ever guessed potato chips!"  Well, her secret is sort of safe with me, but they are so good I wanted to share the recipe. ;)

3/4 c. butter (it calls for margarine but no really good cookie was ever made with margarine)
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. nuts
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. crushed potato chips.

Cream butter and sugar.  Add remaining ingredients, blending well.  Shape into balls the size of a walnut.  Flatten with a fork in two directions.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

No comments: