Friday, November 7, 2008

Achoo

My brother and I were studying cold and flu for science. I expanded on the topic of colds to make a health project for 4-H. I got some of my information from a library book "Common Colds" by Dr. Alvin Silvertein. The ISBN number is 0-531-11579-8 if you want to check it out. The rest of the information I searched for on the internet. It took a really long time because we have such slow internet. The most interesting thing I learned was how a virus hooks onto a healthy cell, grabs the cell nice and tight and slips inside. Then the virsus reproduces, the old cell breaks open and the virsus goes spilling out to reek more havoc. I was surprised that the common cold cost the USA $20 billion dollars a year in doctor visits, missed days of work, over the counter and prescription medications. Here is a picture of my display board.

No comments: