Thursday, November 6, 2008

The sign on the door

So the boy, Spark, puts a sign on his door that says "DO NOT DISTURB - ROBITIC FIXING IN PROGRESS" I have some clean clothes for him and I knock on the door, the sign looked pretty serious I didn't want to just barge in. I hear "DISTURB!" Later when Dancer went in there he said "INTRUDE!" I'm not sure where he comes up with these things, the rest of us seem quite normal.

He has been spending a lot of time since we started the blog deciding what his name should be, he doesn't want to be called 'the boy'. He went through more names than it took to name the dog and finally settled on Spark. I thought that was an odd name, but whatever. Then during the day I started singing in my head, I try not the sing out loud and subject my family to my singing, that song about "it only takes a spark to get a fire going". And it dawned on me, that is the perfect name for him! No matter where we are, when he shows up he can get a fire going. He is very bold, outgoing, funny and seems to draw people into him without even trying. We have trouble getting through a check out line because he will start these big conversations with the check out person and at the farmers' markets he is making small talk with all the customers. At the doctors once (we were at Express Care night clinic not even the regular doctor), he had this really long conversation with the doctor about hens and roosters, the doctors always rush in and out when I see them. Anyway, it's offical, the boy shall be called Spark from here on out.

No comments: