Bread in a Bag Recipe
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 package rapid rise yeast
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
1 cup very warm water (125 degrees F)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup whole wheat flour
1. Combine one cup all purpose flour, yeast, sugar, dry milk and salt in a 1 gallon zipper freezer bag.
2. Seal bag. Squeeze upper part of the bag to force out air and then seal the bag.
3. Shake and work the bag with fingers to blend ingredients.
4. Carefully add hot water and oil to dry ingredients in the bag.
5. Add whole wheat flour. Reseal bag and mix ingredients.
6. Gradually add remaining cup of all purpose flour to bag. Reseal and mix with fingers.
7. Work the dough until it is stiff and pulls away from the sides of the bag.
9. Knead dough 2 to 4 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
10. Cover dough with a moist cloth or towel; let dough stand for 10 minutes.
11. Divide dough in half.
12. Roll each piece of dough into a rectangle, 6 inch by 32 inch.
13. Roll up from narrow end to form loaf. Pinch edges and end to seal.
14. Spray mini loaf pan with cooking spray. Place dough in pan with seam side down.
15. Cover loaves with cloth and place in a warm place; let dough rise until doubled.
16. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or until top is golden brown and loaf sound hollow.
17. Remove from pans and rub top of loaves with butter.