Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Don't you, forget about me



Some times food from the garden, and other items, get put away at harvest time and the seem to slip from memory. Out of site, out of mind in the back of the pantry. Today I was looking for something in the cool store room, in the basement, where we have things like canned goods, onions, squash potatoes and the like. I came across this 1/2 bag of potatoes that were picked last fall. It looks like they got tired of waiting and decided to come looking for us.
If it was nicer weather out I would plant these in the garden and reward them for their initiative. Unfortunately, it will be 6 to 8 weeks before that can happen.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Somehow sprouted potatoes always seem creepy to me. Reaching into a bag like that in the semi-dark of the basement never fails to make my skin crawl. They're beautiful things once they're in the ground outside, but in a bushel basket in my house? Ewwwwwwww... :-)