Wednesday, December 3, 2014

First Eggs


One of our new chickens was standing in the driveway having a little snack.  Standing at the bottom of the driveway, I heard a clink and then a tinkling sound.  


When I looked down, an egg was rolling towards my feet. I don't think she even knew she had laid an egg as she went right on eating.  Thankfully she was standing in the middle of the food and it broke the fall for the egg or it would have been the egg that broke.  Our girls are growing up!  Now they are laying lots of eggs, but by the time we find them they are frozen.  

1 comment:

jugglingpaynes said...

Speedy delivery! LOL!

When I was a kid we had chickens in our backyard. One of ours laid--dropped--an egg as she was going up the steps to where their coop was. That egg was not as lucky as yours. :)

Can you still use frozen eggs?

Peace and Laughter!