Monday, May 2, 2011

Family Ties

Dancer has this new obsession with the t.v. show Family Ties.  We get it on the Hub channel four nights a week and she rarely misses it.  Just in case she does miss one she gets the DVDs from the library to watch each season. 

Tonight she asks if I thought Dad watched Family Ties. 

I said I didn't know, what year was it from?

It was from 1984, so I told her no he wouldn't have watched it because he had stars in his eyes.

Spark pipes in quick as can be, "He had stars in his eyes because that is the year the Nintendo Entertainment System came out!"

Um, no, he was dating me.  I think ten year old boys have different priorities than 17 year old boys.  At least I hope that Dad had stars in his eyes because of me.

1 comment:

jugglingpaynes said...

LOL! I watched Family Ties. That's when I was in high school. I wouldn't have stars in my eyes until college. :o)

Michael J. Fox is an amazing person. He has incredible optimism for someone who has to live with such a debilitating illness like Parkinsons' Disease.

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina