Sunday, October 23, 2011

Egg Laying Rooster

Spark asked me if a rooster laid an egg on the top of the roof which side would it fall on?   I ruined his joke a bit when I told him if a rooster laid an egg on the roof he would balance it up there, strut up and down the length of the roof line all the while crowing to make sure that the whole county saw that he had actually laid the egg.  Down on the ground all the hens would look up at him and cackle back and forth to decide which one of them was going to break the news to him that he was really a hen.  Mom, he says flatly, the answer is roosters don't lay eggs.

1 comment:

Amy Dingmann said...

Hilarious response you gave him, and it is exactly right! I had to giggle, because I can see our roo Chowder acting just like that if he were to lay an egg. See? See? See what I did? I'm so awesome? See?? Roosters, I tell ya. It's a good thing they DONT lay the eggs!