Sunday, October 23, 2011

Liebster Blog


We were honored with the Liebster Blog award which made us smile, first that someone finds us interesting enough to give us an award, recognition is always nice, and second because of the Sister's Grimm books that we love.  Granny Relda, who makes two hump camel soup, a recipe I have never tried, calls her grand kids lieblings so once in a while I call our kids that.

So who gave us this award?  Well, it was none other than Mama Tea!  Mama Tea has two blogs, we read them both, and two boys that remind me so much of Spark in the things that they think up.

Here is what the award is about:  The Liebster Blog Award started (sometime in the recent past) in Germany to encourage traffic to hidden gems of blogs with 300 followers or less. So it is an award you receive, but also an award you give (share the love kinda thing). If you receive a Liebster Blog Award you are asked to choose 3-5 other bloggers and link back to the blogger that gave you the award.

The blogs we are passing the award on to are:

Swimtaxi234 This family has kids close in age to Spark and Dancer and they have two ultra cute dogs that are just as fun to read about as what the kids are doing for homeschool.  This is also the blog we got the homemade goldfish crackers  recipe from that we have made several times.

Cabin in the Woods  She homeschools a daughter about the age of Dancer.  They also have a few animals, garden and do a lot of food preservation.  Also like her writing style, it is just like she sitting down talk to you.

Home Spun Juggling  Cristina writes a comic strip which most days is so spot on to how we are I wonder if she looks in our windows for her material - she doesn't, we live half a country away from each other so it validates there are other families out there like us!  Her daughter also has a blog, Pictureka! who shows her life through some fantastic pictures.

Boy Crazy  She has six boys, with all that testosterone in her house how could she not have an exciting blog?

Serving Him at Home  Although she no longer homeschools I always find a sense of calm and inspiration at her blog.  Many times she writes just what I need to hear for the day.

3 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

Awww, thank you! I'm bookmarking this one so I can remember to do it and to also to show my daughter in the morning. It will make her very happy!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Unknown said...

I am very humbled that you would pick little old me. Thanks so much.
Blessings
Diane

Swimtaxi said...

Oh my STARS! I was catching up on your blog posts (crazy busy here right now) and I saw my blog name.

I am so touched and honored.