Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ultimate Frisbee


Every Tuesday afternoon a bunch of local homeschool teens get together and play ultimate frisbee.  There is no set group, it is just who ever shows up.  There are usually enough kids to have two games going.  Dancer loves to go and I make a point for her to be there every week.  As the years have gone by, more and more of her friends have gone back to regular school so I want her to have time with other teens that are still homeschooling.

The thing I love about this group is that there is no parent involvement.  The kids do it all just like in the "old days" when kids would gather in the neighborhood and play ball.  They play for a couple of hours and that has turned into time for just Spark and me.  Mostly we run errands and look at stuff he wants to look at in the stores.  A couple of times we have stayed and he plays on the play ground with the other younger kids and I chat with the moms that wait while the teens play.

No comments: