Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

Oh, these are good, real good.

Mix up a batch of pancake batter such as our favorite recipe for all things needing a pancake.

Mix in a bowl:
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon

Soften the butter and mix in the brown sugar and cinnamon.  Heat until it can be squeezed through a  a Ziploc bag with the corner cut off.

This is easily enough for two batches of pancakes.



Pour pancakes on the griddle as usual and then pipe the cinnamon mixture around and around the pancake.


Cook these until they are quite firm before flipping so they don't fall apart.



Drizzle with:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla


Then stand back so you don't get hurt when the kids come in to get them and be sure to save a couple off to the side for yourself so that you get at least a taste before they are all gone.

3 comments:

Amy Dingmann said...

Oh my goodness. I mean....seriously. That's some good eatin'. I'll have to put it on the menu. The bacon recipe you posted last week (?) has now become my family's favorite! I can see these pancakes being quite the same...

Sarah Anne said...

These look so good! I'll have to try them. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

no spring chicken said...

Are you kidding? How is it that I've never seen this before? I'm in love.....

Blessings, Debbie