Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chocolate Orange Cookies


Dancer's second batch of cookies for the night.  This one is also from the Taste Of Home Baking Book and is by Ruth Rumple.  These may be the best cookie I have ever eaten in my life as orange and chocolate are one of my favorite flavor combinations.  I told Dancer to quick get these in the freezer because I could have eaten the whole batch.

Chocolate Orange Cookies

1 cup butter softened
3/4 cup sugar divided
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup finely grated orange peel
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  Gradually add flour and salt.  Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.

On floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.  Cut with cookie cutters or glass rim. Combine orange peel and the rest of sugar and sprinkle over cookies.

Bake 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes or just until edges brown.  Cool cookies.  Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over cookies.

1 comment:

April said...

These look and sound good!! I like the orange and chocolate combo also, and its hard to find recipes for that combo.