Thursday, February 16, 2012

Real Algebra Here We Come


Dancer started real algebra yesterday.  I say "real" algebra because I guess what we were slogging through before was pre algebra with a heavy dose of rip my hair out geometry.   Paging through the new book, I was happy to see that at least the first 20 lessons are review.  I need 20 days to have a break from learning a new concept everyday and make me feel like, yes, will be able to teach this.  It has been 30 years since I had algebra and, no Mr. Teacher, I never did use it. 

I took Dancer's picture enjoying lesson 1 since she is still smiling with no tears.  I wonder how many tears have been shed over math, I know I had plenty of my own as a kid.

1 comment:

no spring chicken said...

I saw your comment over at Kim's Field of Dreams and your family of smiles drew me over! Scrolling through your posts I called my husband over and we both had a good chuckle over dad's varied wardrobe. It looked so familiar! Thanks for the laugh, and the smiles...

Blessings, Debbie