Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Oh say can you see


my eyes, if you can then my hairs too short!


Spark got his bi-annual hair cut this afternoon. A couple of months ago I did cut the bangs, sides and back off. No layering or anything, just made it shorter. He was starting to look Amish. Not that Amish isn't a good look, if you are Amish, which we are not.


He hates to have his hair cut and I don't usually fight with him about it. I try to pick my battles with him and for as crazy as he is, I am assuming in the years to come that there are going to be a lot bigger battles we will be having.


I had beans and rice on the stove cooking as I was transforming him into a handsome little man with my trusty little hair scissors. He looked at the oven and asked what was blue in it.


"That is the Smurf we are having for dinner."


"Then what is on the stove?"


"Smurf side dish."


After we ate supper Spark asked about the Smurf since we had chicken. "Oh that's right, it was chicken" and I did the wink, wink like I was fooling him it was chicken.


"Well, if was Smurf then why wasn't it blue" he asked.


Without missing a beat Dancer says, "Because Mom skinned it of course!"

2 comments:

Tammy said...

That's a nice haircut, and a cute smile too. The beans and rice sound really good. I haven't tried skinned smurf though.LOL Thanks for the comment on my blog. Have a nice day.

jugglingpaynes said...

LOL! Sounds like a conversation from our house!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina