Thursday, October 8, 2009

We have been here a year!

Our little blog is one year old! The purpose of our blog is to create a sort of diary to remember things that we have done, document some of the kids homeschool projects, keep track of some of our recipes, freeze in time images of our house, yard and community and record little everyday snippets we don't want to forget about. Before the blog, since Dancer was a wee babe, everyday I would write on the calendar, or in the date book, what we did each day, if they said something cute, milestones and other memories I wanted to save for them. Or perhaps it was more for me. I love to look back over those notes and I can actually remember most of the days or when they said something. With the blog we can just make it so much more complete and with pictures, lots of pictures. I am one of those people that have about three pictures of me from when I was a kid. I swore that was not going to happen to my kids. Tonight I looked back to our first post and wow, the kids have already changed so much from last year. Time in our families is like a glacier, day to day it seems like nothing changes but when you can look back a year, or two, or even more, there has been so many changes in our life. I am looking forward at looking back at our "glacier" next year. May God bless us and keep us healthy and happy.

1 comment:

Sarah Anne said...

Happy Blirthday!!! Like, Blog and Birthday put together. Sorry it's late. :)