Friday, February 6, 2009

"I'll have two of the chicken dinners--NOT"

We were out to eat tonight at popular national restaurant chain when I heard this interesting exchange. All of this was loud enough to hear as we were departing the place.


A young lady working at the counter began quickly walking away from her till towards the back of the restaurant and exclaimed, "I had the chicken dinner special and my stomach hurts super bad, I feel like I'm going to puke!!"


A male working at the next cash register turned and told her (loudly, since she was already around the corner) "There's a huge bottle of generic TUMS over by the sink. try that."


So, lets recap, your workers are going to puke from eating the chicken special AND you have a HUGE bottle of generic tums at the ready? What a ringing endorsement from the workers and sort of takes the shine off the "Free meals during you shift" perk.


Well, our meals were good--and so far no puke! I guess it didn't make the chicken feel very good either.

No comments: