Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Someone's Not Pulling Their Weight



We got this cute little Barbie egg the other day.  Well, I guess it would be about the size of an ostrich egg for Barbie but small none the less.  If these were the size of chicken eggs the 15 to 20 egg omelet would become the norm.  I am also guessing we aren't going to find a yolk in it.

Once in a while we will get one of these long torpedo shaped eggs.  It is just odd that after months of "normal" eggs we got two odd ones.  Truth be told, if I was a chicken these are the eggs I would want to be laying day after day, if you know what I mean. 

3 comments:

Amy Dingmann said...

Torpedo shaped eggs all the way- yep, I'm with you! We had a tiny egg the other day too and it was REALLY nasty when we broke it open. Not sure who laid it but I hope they don't do it again!

jugglingpaynes said...

LOL! Yep, I know what you mean!

I wonder if it has something to do with laying in the winter? Or what they are eating? Or maybe the breed? When I was a kid, my dad kept chickens. Each of them had a distinct shaped egg. The silky had the smallest eggs, and one dopey hen (I say that with the greatest affection) would always lay narrower eggs. You should have the kids observe them and report their findings. :o)

Peace and Laughter!

~*~The Family~*~ said...

We cracked open both of these and each had what looked to be the start of little egg yolks. The tiny one had three in it all strung together with connective tissue and the torpedo shaped one had the same thing but with a lot more tissue in it. We have no way of knowing if they came from the same chicken but something went awry somewhere in the egg process.