Monday, June 3, 2013

Anniversary # 24

We just celebrated our 24th anniversary last month with a nice dinner out with the kids.  Some people commented, "Why did you bring the kids with?"  We brought them with because it is more of a family celebration, after all it is the day our family started, and they are a big part of the family.  Secondly, we brought them with because it probably won't be too many more years before they either can't, or don't want to, go with us.  Although if we pick up the tab they may still want to go for many more years. 

My parents called us and mom couldn't believe we had been married that long.  When I reminded her that she had been married for 57 years she shouldn't be surprised when her child has been married for 24.  I am sure she has no idea how long she has been married as she is starting to mix up who belongs in what branch of the family tree and some of the names.

My parents also sent us a card and my included the budget for our wedding.  The whole thing, including the $500 they gave us as a gift, was $1,941.22.   Prices have gone up a little bit in the wedding industry!  A lot of that we paid for ourselves so while it was nice, it wasn't country club style but, weddings then weren't the galas they are now. 

Our biggest expense was food, ($290.52) followed by pictures ($200), refreshments ($145.47 and what wasn't opened was returned so it was less than that) and invitations ($108.39).  My dress, which I sewed, was $87.42 and the three bridesmaids dresses, groomsmen and ushers cumberbuns and bow ties, which I also sewed, totaled $107.05. 

I guess this shows that it isn't the price of the wedding that makes the marriage successful. 

2 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

Happy anniversary! I also couldn't think of celebrating without the kids. They are the happy result of a happy marriage!

May you have many more years together of Peace and Laughter!

Swimtaxi said...

Congrats! 24 years is very special these days.