Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ready for a new week and new month

I am so looking forward to tomorrow morning so we can get a fresh start around here. We have just been a in a funk with lots of stuff going on.

First is the cold, it just makes everything so miserable. By the end of January everyone is crabby about it. A lady at church said to me this morning, "why do we live here?" I was born here and haven't been smart enough to move away. Actually the fear of big bugs and nasty snakes keeps me here more than anything. None of those things can live through the winters. I also feel like I am going to melt when the temps get into the 80's which doesn't jive with the south. The lady validated that, she moved her because she hated the south.

I have also felt crappy all week. I have asthma which is often set off by allergies and sometimes the cold. On Tuesday we went to book club at a house that has guinea pigs. The little critters weren't out, but there must have been enough dander or something else in their house that after a half an hour I had to leave. Dad went back and picked up the kids later but they weren't ready to go so I went in to see what the book for next month was and just five minutes was enough to set me off again. Once I have a flair up is seems to take several days for my lungs to settle back down. Feeling like a big dog was sitting on my chest meant that I didn't hardly get to walk. I don't feel right when I don't get to walk.

After several months of discussion we thought we were going to make a big change in our family. After checking into it more this week we decided, which took a huge amount of emotional energy, that it isn't something we want to do now. Maybe later, or through a different avenue, but not the way we thought.

Spark has been pushing everyone of our buttons he can think of. He is a really high energy kid except when he should be. I told him as I was tucking him in that tomorrow will be a new morning and we need to start over. I pray the sun is shining in the morning because I will take that as a sign of good things to come.

The dog ate something that didn't agree with her. She has been throwing up all over the house this weekend. One word - yuck.

Our schedule has been off. This was Dad's weekend to work but he asked for a cut on Friday night so he could go to Spark's basketball tournament on Saturday. When he gets a cut, or put on call, he still doesn't leave work until 11:30 at the earliest. I always wait up for him so he doesn't come home to dark house. The trip home is about 40 minutes and then by the time he unwinds it is so late when we get to bed. He got put on call by request on Friday and then by work on Saturday night. Saturday we were up early for the tournament and then this morning for Sunday school and church. Both days I napped which throws the rest of the afternoon and evening off.

Well, enough of my pity party, tomorrow is a new day.


Georgie K. Buttons said...

I wish tomorrow wasn't coming. Scholarship deadlines...ugh. :)

jugglingpaynes said...

So sorry your asthma has been acting up. Yoga has helped mine immensely, but I still tend to have a flare up near my period, especially if the weather is as crazy as it has been. If possible, try to spend fifteen minutes a day just practicing some deep breathing, inhaling through the nose and out through the mouth on a slow count (work up to an inhale of 5, exhale of 5). It helps a lot, also with the stress.

Take care of yourself!
Peace and Laughter,

Shari said...

Sounds like you had a messy week. I'm sorry! But, today is a new day~ so let me be the first to wish you a Happy February!!