I love, love, love, love, love this picture by George Seurat. This is me with my tied blanket of the picture. I was so happy when we found this at the fabric store. I sleep under it every night and the people have to have their feet up towards my head so they are facing me or I can't go to sleep.
Last year for Christmas I got a coloring book that had the beloved George Seurat picture in it. I colored it and then put it in my portfolio of this years school work. And when I am done with this year, I am going to take the picture out of it and put it another book.
This year for Christmas I got a jigsaw puzzle of the picture. It was a 1000 pieces and really hard because the puzzle looks just like the painting, made up of different colored dots. Much of the grass and the trees looked exactly alike.
I also love the play "Sunday in the park with George" starring Bernadette Peters (she is awesome
in the play "Into the Woods" as well). I am always looking for more items with this picture on it.
Some interesting facts about the painting:
- Measures 6 feet 10 inches by 10 feet 1 inch
- It took Seurat two years to paint it
- The painting technique is called pointillism
- Today this site is a public garden and housing development
- The painting is displayed with a pure white, wooden frame to make the painting more vivid.
- The painting is on display at the Art Institute of Chicago
I'm doing a paper on this park and coincidentally the painting responsible for it as well. :) Thought this would make you happy to see
This is just insanely cool!!!! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Dancer is ready to pack up and go see it in person.
Post a Comment