Sunday, November 7, 2010

Giving Thanks Challenge - Parents

Dad and I are both thankful for our parents, but even more so that we both still have two parents.  We have lots of friends who have lost one or both of their parents.  This was the case in my family.  My moms parents both died while she was a teenager and my dad's dad died when I was so little I don't remember him.  In Dad's family, this is sort of odd, he had a grandpa die on his fifth birthday and a grandma die on our wedding day.  Of all the days in the year and two of them mark a joyous occasion and a sad occasion.   His last grandma just died last year when his mom was 69 years old.  Not that I expect us to still have parents when we are 69, mine would be 109 years old, but we are thankful for everyday that we have them.

We are also thankful that we got to see three of them this weekend. 

No comments: